Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy 4th Of July




I don't call it independance day because quite a few people lost their freedom after this country gained their independance but I had a wonderful holiday weekend just the same.

My family and I watched the firework presentation outside of Sesame Place. We didn't have the energy to venture downtown Philadelphia, fighting crowds and traffic. We instead sat among a fairly large group of mostly families on a stretch of grass across the way from the famed theme park and enjoyed their wonderful show that lit up the sky and excited us all.

My daughter cracked me up after the show was over and all that was left were the smoky clouds left behind by the firework display. She said to me in a very serious tone. "I enjoyed that but I kind of feel sorry for the sky."

Despite it's growing pains this young country it is filled with remarkable, giving and loving people of all colors and creeds who enjoy incredible freedoms. And when are backs are against the wall as they were after 9/11 we came out swinging and took care of each other and shed many tears for the innocent lives that were lost. That is the America that I love.

God Bless America.

No comments:

Post a Comment