Saturday, March 20, 2010
Warm Weather Count Down
As the days start to get longer and the weather begins to warm up Its the perfect time to start tightening up the abs and to start shedding any extra weight that was put on during the winter months.
I definitely need to get rid of at least five pounds before I can comfortably wear a swim suit and my favorite jean shorts.
Here are the simple weight loss tips that I follow to easily shed the extra weight without much sacrifice:
1. Walk every where. Walking, especially with a friend is an easy way to burn calories and enjoy good conversation.
2. Drink water. Replacing sugary drinks with water is a great and healthy way to reduce your daily calorie intake.
3. Eat more fruits and veggies. Keeping veggies and fruits within arms reach can help you avoid snacking on less healthy snacks.
4. Portion Control- Reduce the size of your helpings by a little bit and you'll be surprised that you can be perfectly satisfied eating a little bit less.
5. Stay away from fast food. If your kids demand fast food then order yourself a grilled chicken sandwich and replace the fries with a side salad.
6. Dance with your kids. Dancing is a fun and easy way to burn calories and your children are excellent dance partners because they have an endless supply of energy.
7. Picture It. Put up a picture of yourself at your ideal weight and remind yourself that you can look that way again.
Try these simple weight loss tips and watch the pounds melt away just in time for the Spring/Summer season.