Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Major Earthquake In Haiti

I was moaning about having bounced a check due to an oversight when I found out that
The small island nation of Haiti, my parents' native country, was struck by a magnitude 7.0 earthquake 7 miles southwest of The capital of Port AU Prince. The quake hit today at around 5:00 Pm eastern standard time. Reports are sketchy but my understanding is that there is widespread damage with fallen buildings everywhere but no word available regarding casualties or injuries. According to CNN there were at least two aftershocks measuring 5. 9 and 5.5 and there is a lot of 'wailing' and there are many people in the streets who don't know where to go.





I am calling on all of you prayer warriors (we all have a little prayer warrior inside of us but we often don't realize it until we have something serious to pray about) to pray for the people in Haiti. The tiny country has endured it's share of tough times including devastating hurricanes and widespread poverty. Although Haiti has suffered much It's beauty and rich history can never be denied. It is the first and only black lead nation whose Independence was gained as a result of a successful slave rebellion against the French in 1804.

Time to stop focusing on my small problems and start praying for others.

I found video footage but it was so graphic and devastating that I was unable to upload it.

For more information visit http://www.haitixchange.com/



6 comments:

  1. Thank you for this important, timely, and heartfelt post. I am with you in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very sad to hear of the tragedy in Haiti. I hope and pray your family is okay. Here is a prayer I wanted to share:

    Thy name is my healing, O my God. And remembrance of Thee is my remedy. Nearness to Thee is my hope. And love for Thee my companion. Thy mercy to me is my healing and my succor in both this world and the world to come. Thou verily art the All Bountiful, the All Knowing, the All Wise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Naomi for this timely prayer. It comforts me and reminds me that all things are in His capable hands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, devestating. It makes us realize that there is nothing to worry nor complain about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are so right. We take so much for granted.

    ReplyDelete