Saturday, November 28, 2009

Express Your Holiday Style With Accessories

All holidays are "working" holidays for moms when they are entertaining at home. I have come to embrace this fact and it is my honor to cook, serve, with help of course, and entertain my family members and friends.

The key is to dress accordingly. The outfit that I wear must be functional as well as fabulous and comfort is a necessity.

This Christmas, I already have my outfit all planned out. I'm going to wear a pair of... you guessed it, jeans. They will be a dressier, great fitting, dark pair called Robin's Silver Wings as shown below, in case of minor gravy stains and I'll pair them with a plain white button up blouse. Sounds pretty basic but a basic outfit is a perfect "canvas" on which you can put your individual style signature, using awesome accessories.





Holiday Accessorizing Perfection

First, I am going to wear a black crop vest over the white blouse. As mentioned in a previous post, vests are a classy way to upgrade a plain top. I am going to wear a pair of heels which look amazing with straight leg jeans because they seem to “hug” the shoes at just the right spot.

Top It Off With Jewelry

To top it all off, I'm going to pull out my favorite jewellery. The holidays are a great time wear your favorite pieces. Jewelry gives you a wonderful way to express your personality and mood. You can wear a small, elegant pair of earrings with small stones and a matching pendant. Or you can just overdose on shiny bangles , a chain with a large pendant and a pair of hoop earrings or anywhere in between.

I like the chain and pendant below. If I owned one I would wear it as a choker with the top button or two of my blouse undone to show it off.

Fashion is a great way to have fun and express yourself and the holidays are a perfect time to show off your unique style.

*SP

4 comments:

  1. Nice Outfit! Swing by my blog
    you've been tagged:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the combination, and I totally agree with you about fashion.
    I have a blog award for you. Please visit http://mommylicious.net/2009/11/blog-award.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I am so excited. Thanks for the award. It means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice holiday wear ideas! i need to get some new jewelry...all mine has been destroyed by the toddlers. lol:)

    ReplyDelete