Monday, October 5, 2009

Denim Leggings Trend Alert







The most fashionable celebrities have been spotted wearing the new fall trend-denim leggings.
The best of them, look like skinny jeans but are much more comfortable due to the additional stretch material.


Are These Stretch Jeans OR Leggings That Look Like Jeans?

Well, if you must get technical, it depends on the designer. Some of denim leggings in question, like the True Religion pair below, do not have a stitch of cotton in them which means that they are not denim at all. Other designers are using the a mix of denim and stretch material to achieve the look.





Many premium denim designers believe that this denim legging trend will be with us for the next couple of seasons. I look forward to witnessing where this trend will take us.


I personally prefer the denim leggings which were designed with a commitment to look as much like jeans as possible like the Hudson pair below. I am not in to that smooth look with no pockets like the ones worn by Beyonce above.



Advantage of Denim Leggings
1. The stretch material is more comfortable than regular jeans and shouldn't cause muffin top syndrome.
2. The stretch material should fit snuggly on top of boots or inside of boots depending on your preference.















13 comments:

  1. wow..cool info..

    fatso me would look nutsy in it though!

    following you through under 100 followers club at MBC..i hope you do follow back

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shradda, you'd be surprised that you can wear these leggings with a nice long tunic and some boots and look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first thought when imagining denim leggings was "yikes!", but the one's you've shown are pretty cute. I'm impressed.

    I like your blog. Found you on Mom Bloggers Follower Group. I'm now following and looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love leggings more than food and that's a lot of lovin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blos is Showwwwwww. Thanks for your words ande best regards grom brasil

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this look, doesn't suit me though with my teeny skinny legs. But it's an awesome look though and some girls rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was very nice of you to visit and follow my blog. Thank you and I hope to see again. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I need to go on a diet but luckily not to wear those open toed boots! Love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want them! that hudson pair looks great. Oh you could dress casual to classy with them. I have not seen them in the stores. I love this look. Comfort sounds good too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, i love leggings....and love your blog to.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is not a look that looks good on a short, round dumpling of a mama!

    I'm following you from the MBC Under 100 Club. I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looovvee this denim legging. Maybe I should make it into my xmas wish list. The key is to wear it with oversize sweater to hide those "unwanted layer of skin"... :)

    ReplyDelete